Monday, June 1, 2009

Garage sale fundraiser!!!










Hi all! Hope you all had a great weekend! I know my family did as we were camped out with the Schwartz family this weekend for the MAA yard sale. Both days could not have been more beautiful and the kids had a ball! My daughter Dani, had fun shopping for all her toys that I had just cleaned out, and I think my son, Charlie, and Tessa Schwartz have developed quite the love affair! (Nate and I were talking arranged marriage!!! lol) Most importantly, I am proud to report that we raised almost $800 for Camp Ox 2!!!!

First of all, I want to give a heartfelt thanks to Donna and Nate Schwartz and their wonderful family for making this possible. I cannot even tell you how tirelessly they worked to put this all together. Thanks to our wonderful families' generosity, there was a ton of stuff, and going through it all was no small feat! They were so wonderful in not only spending the entire weekend "working" the sale. but also organizing, pricing, picking stuff up, searching out donors, making signs, etc etc etc. Late yesterday afternoon, in addition to feeding MY kids, Donna was taking calls from other families, advocating for other SN children in China. I think they make coffee tired with all the wonderful things they do to help children and families. I thank them so much for everything and am so lucky to call them my friends! God bless you guys!!!

To all our wonderful families, Marie, Kathryn, Nikki and everyone else who donated (forgive me for not knowing all the names!!!), THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP US OUT! We appreciate you more than you know!!!

Finally, because we have so much leftover stuff, the Schwartzs have graciously offered to host another sale next month!!! (Yes, they are unbelievable, aren't they???) That means for all of you that wanted to donate but didn't have time to go through everything, please consider doing so for next month's sale. We can provide write offs for taxes and I am happy to pick up if I can. Also, personally speaking, I head out with my 3 year old almost every weekend to garage sales. A lot of the sales we have gone to, we have told them we would be happy to pick up their leftovers if they would like to donate them for our sale. If you are a "garage sale junkie" like me, and would like to offer this option to local sellers, please let them know I can arrange for pickup.

Again, thank you so much for all your help! Between this sale, the sale of the Ox camp videos, and the direct mail campaign, we have made over $3000!!!! We are trying hard to keep going! Please keep us in your thoughts if you know of a good fundraising opportunity! We are determined to do what needs to be done to get back to China!

Thank you and God bless!Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment